Draft Strategic Plan is Now on VCEA Website

Dear Colleagues,

As many of you know, we’ve been working for some time on updating the Voiland College strategic plan. I’ve met with all faculty members in Pullman through your departmental or school faculty meetings, and will be meeting those of you in Vancouver and in Tri-Cities over the next few weeks. I am very pleased to let you know that we have now posted the draft plan for your review and comments on the VCEA website.

For all the faculty and staff – I know you are busy but I hope you will take some time to go through the strategic plan and offer suggestions. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. We hope to finalize it this semester. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, or any of the associate deans or chairs/directors by April 1.

I’m also pleased to let you know that we are finalizing several policy documents this semester. My hope is that these documents will be very helpful for you in providing clarification for some of our most common college activities.

As you know, our college is growing rapidly, and many of you are putting in extra efforts on searches or in the classroom. I think you will find that our draft strategic plan reflects our values well as we continue to grow and to achieve our vision of providing solutions to societal grand challenges and developing high quality, “work-ready, day-one” graduates.

Thank you for your input and for your continued hard work!

Sincerely,

Candis Claiborn's signature.

Candis Claiborn, Professor and Dean