- Is there help to get my résumé ready for the Career Fair?
- Yes, WSU’s Academic Success and Career Center (ASCC) can help you create a résumé that will highlight your education and work-related experiences. Résumé and cover letter critiques are available as well as sample résumés and cover letters.
- What should I plan to wear to the Career Fair?
- Plan to dress for success! There is not a dress code but it is suggested that you dress as if you were attending a job interview.
- Are there important materials to bring to the Career Fair?
- Plan to bring as many copies of your résumé as you feel you will need. Many employers will accept résumés at the fair and you don’t want to miss out on a golden opportunity because you weren’t prepared!
- How long should I plan to stay at the Career Fair?
- The amount of time you spend at the fair really depends on when you attend and the number of potential employers you would like to make contact with. Plan on a minimum of one hour. The crowds are thinnest first thing in the morning and heaviest during the lunch time hours of 11 a.m to 1 p.m., so plan your day accordingly.
- How do I find out what companies will be attending the fair?
- Print out the list of participating companies (coming soon) for reference while you are at the fair. This will ensure that you don’t miss any companies that you have your sights set on as a future employer.
- Where is the Career Fair held?
- The event is typically held in the Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum.
- Who can attend the Career Fair?
- Anybody and everybody are welcome to attend. We ask that you review the preferred majors of the companies attending to ensure that it will be worth your time (and the attending companies’ time) to attend.
Many companies come to campus for interviews during Career Fair. Sign on to Handshake, submit a résumé, and find out more about jobs.