The year is flying by, and we are entering the busiest time of the school year. Senior capstone design projects are underway, our convocation awards event is just around the corner, and many students are gearing up for upcoming club competitions. Before you know it, graduation will be here, and our seniors will be moving on into their professional careers.
As we get ready to enter our final academic sprint, I hope you will take a few moments to celebrate and support the WSU experience through the upcoming #CougsGive day. This annual event, set for March 28, commemorates WSU’s birthday and gives you the chance to make a difference by supporting our students.
This year, please join me in helping WSU’s student chapter of Engineers Without Borders. The group is working on a project to bring clean water to a village in Panama. While the project will provide access to a basic need for 1,000 residents of this Panamanian community, it will also help our students build critical engineering and leadership skills for the 21st century workplace.
I hope you can support this project and #CougsGive on March 28. You are also invited to sign up to be a social media ambassador for the event. Then, be sure to share via your social media networks, including through Voiland College’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Thank you for all the work that you do in providing transformational educational experiences for our students.
Don Bender, Interim Dean
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
- Researchers receive national early career awards [Jean-Sabin McEwen, Steven Saunders, and Dae Hyun Kim)
- WSU, PNNL energy researcher wins national award [Yong Wang]
- Iannelli to lead Voiland’s international efforts
- Pezeshki to direct new area of industrial engagement
- Students take top awards in construction management
- Bi recipient of President’s Distinguished Teaching Award
In the news
- Novel 3-D manufacturing builds complex, bio-like materials
- Research advances energy savings for oil, gas industries
- Researchers find new clues for nuclear waste cleanup
Learn more about what’s happening at Voiland College: https://vcea.wsu.edu/news/
More Events: https://vcea.wsu.edu/events/
Safety tip of the month:
Did you know? Approximately 80-90% of the population is expected to experience low back pain sometime in their lifetime. Visit WSU’s Environmental Health & Safety website for tips on how to prevent back injuries.