Dear Colleagues,

I want to thank everyone for the tremendous turnout at last month’s VCEA Town Hall. As many of know, communication is a major cornerstone in my role as dean of the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture. I highly value information sharing and look forward to receiving viewpoints during my dialogues with the college’s leadership, students, staff, and faculty, as those conversations help inform the critical decisions we make as we move towards achieving our objectives and the University’s Drive to 25 goals.

In that spirit, Voiland College has created a new Faculty Advisory Council, made up of faculty representatives from schools and departments throughout the college. The council will formally meet with me throughout the year to provide feedback on college initiatives as well as help elevate issues from the students, staff, and faculty to our college’s leaders.

The 2018-2019 Voiland College Faculty Advisory Council representatives are:

Civil and Environmental Engineering
Jenny Adam
Tom Jobson

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Sakire Arslan Ay
Shira Broschat

Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Katherine Li
Dustin McLarty
Gordon Taub

School of Design and Construction
Rick Cherf
Judy Theodorson

ENCS/Vancouver
Tutku Karacolak
Jong-Hoon Kim

SEAS/Tri-Cities
Srinivas Allena
Amir Ameli

Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
Marc Levin
Steve Saunders

WSU Bremerton
Javier Guerrero Sedeno

The formation of this council is reflection of the need to continuously be proactive and purposeful in our strategic planning and inclusive in our decision-making. I encourage each of you to reach out to your department’s Faculty Advisory Council representatives if you have any ideas or concerns regarding what’s happening around the Voiland College.

Although council provides an additional communications mechanism, it does not replace the day-to-day interactions that I value with each of you. If you have any thoughts you would like to share on how we can continue to improve the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture, I would love to hear them!

Go Cougs!

Dean Mary Rezac's signature

Mary Rezac (she/her/hers)
Dean
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Washington State University
526 Carpenter Hall
PO Box 642250
Pullman, WA 99164-2250
Email: mary.rezac@wsu.edu
Phone: 509.335.5593
Twitter: @VCEA_Dean
vcea.wsu.edu