Coronavirus FAQs

Colleagues,

Yesterday, the state of Washington declared a State of Emergency after learning of the first US death from COVID-19. I know there is a heightened level of anxiety, especially where our campuses, research, extension and affiliated sites are located in close proximity to the Washington and Oregon COVID-19 cases. I know you have questions.

I wanted to provide you with a brief update on the information currently available. First, know that the WSU leadership is working to evaluate risk, develop response plans (which hopefully won’t be needed), and continue to provide a safe and effective working environment. The situation is evolving and you can expect additional information to be provided in the days to come. For today, I wanted to share the attached document that provides answers to some of the questions that you may have.

For now, I encourage each of you to:

1. wash your hands frequently. This is the most effective means of virus control. I understand that you may be concerned that hand sanitizers are not immediately available in all areas. Know that soap and water, used correctly, are more effective and readily available.
  2. follow the CDC guidelines (see the attached document), and
  3. stay tuned for further information in the days and weeks to come.

If you have questions or concerns, please let your supervisor or me know.

Sincerely,
Mary

Mary Rezac's signature.

Mary Rezac (she/her/hers)
Dean, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Washington State University
Email: mary.rezac@wsu.edu
Phone: 509-335-5593
Twitter: @VCEA_Dean
vcea.wsu.edu