Congratulations! We’ve made it to finals week. While this semester has been different than others, many things remain the same, including, that students have completed or are completing their work and that faculty are completing assessments of student learning. A couple of reminders of how this year is different:
- Governor Inslee extended his ‘Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order through May 31st. If you can telework, you must telework. For most of us, nothing changes.
- Submission of final semester grades has been extended until May 15th.
- The university has created a new ‘IC’ grade option. IC = Incomplete, Coronavirus. Please work with any students in your classes that may not be able to complete their coursework and encourage them to take the IC grade. As always, you’ll need to develop a plan for how the student will complete the remaining work. Full details are in the attachment.
- The WSU research council is developing processes for increasing the number of experimental researchers safely working in their laboratories. Details and time lines are evolving. For now, you may prepare by completing mandatory training. After you’ve completed the training, please print out certificates of completion and email a copy to your unit’s administrative manager.
- WSU will be holding a virtual graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 9th starting at 9:45 a.m. Please join the Coug Community in celebrating the successes of our new graduates.
As always, if you have questions about anything, reach out to me or your unit leader. We’re here to help.
I want to take a moment and thank each of you for supporting your students, employees and colleagues in this unprecedented time. I’m extremely proud of how the VCEA family had handled this situation and I know that each of you has had a role in ensuring our success. Individuals have recognized what needed to be done and stepped up to ensure that we continue to meet our mission while supporting our core values. I can’t imagine a better group to be working with during these times.
Thanks and Go Cougs!