Electrical Test & Fabrication Studio
This 250 sq. ft. area is the primary space for electrical testing and fabrication. This studio represents the most recent effort for adding resources and new equipment to support individual and club needs in circuit board prototype development. The available resources and equipment will continue to expand.
The Electrical Test and Fabrication Studio can be accessed through supervised use with FIZ Service Center Student Leaders or through required training. FIZ community members who complete necessary training earn extended CougarCard access. Primary uses of the studio include fabrication, assembly, and testing of projects. The space may also be reserved for small group training on equipment use or skill development. Secondary uses may include overflow space for special events and competitions, and impromptu use for individuals and group meetings. Other needs for space use may be requested in the FIZ Service Center.
Studio Use Expectations
SAFETY is paramount.
- Consistent with the FIZ Participation Agreement, all community members will promote high safety expectations and encourage the same from visitors and other members.
- Safety glasses and closed-toed footwear will be worn at all times by everyone within the space.
- Clothing will be suited for the equipment being used. Loose fitting clothing may not be worn within the space.
- Long hair will be tied back when working in the space.
- Use ONLY equipment for which you have safety orientation and training documented with the FIZ Service Center.
- Clean and safe floors and surfaces will be maintained. Contribute to and reinforce expectations for individual responsibility for leaving spaces clean and safe.
- Problems or damage to equipment MUST be reported to the FIZ Service Center immediately. This supports the safety of future users who may not recognize the concerns.
Electrical Test and Fabrication Studio equipment may change as needs arise. Current equipment includes:
- A collection of hand tools.
- A good quality Hako soldering and de-soldering station.
- Rigol Oscilloscope and Signal Generator, Digilent Explorer and Analog Discovery boards for circuit development and testing.
- Restricted Use ONLY: a 12 camera high speed recording system (Vendor). Made possible through WSU research partnership.
Suggestions for new or additional equipment are welcomed. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited. Students may request extended use of workbench or counter space if their project is suitable for the open nature of the studio. Some cabinets will be made available. Visit the FIZ Service Center to make requests. Space may NOT be available.