What makes Washington State University’s Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture stand out from the crowd for those looking to get a degree?

We ask mechanical engineering major Reagan Stubb for his thoughts on what makes WSU such a special place.

Reagan and John Stubb at Gesa Field at Martin Stadium.
Reagan Stubb (left) with his dad, John Stubb, who graduated from WSU in ’87 with a degree in Communications.

Name: Reagan Stubb

Expected Date of Graduation: May 2022

Major: Mechanical Engineering

High School: Juanita High School

Activities: Beta Theta Pi

Q: What have you learned in your major, or experienced in your classes or your activities during your time at WSU, that will help you most in your future?

A: I have learned more than I ever imagined at Washington State University. Not only have I learned about various different course material topics, but valuable life lessons as well. Growing as a person and becoming a leader in my community have been invaluable lessons the WSU community have taught me.

Q: What made you decide to attend WSU? Why did you choose your major?

A: I chose to go to WSU because it instantly felt like home when I first stepped on campus. Pullman is a magical place and I am so grateful I got to spend my young adult life in this amazing town.

Q: What advice do you have for fellow or prospective students?

A: Do not take your time in college for granted. Enjoy the few years of life before entering the real world. It’s okay to make bad decisions, it happens all the time, but the more important part is how you bounce back. Washington State University is a place to learn how to come back from failure and use those experiences to grow.

Q: What has been your favorite class, club, or program that you’ve been involved with at WSU, and why?

A: I would suggest that anyone entering college, especially at WSU, to at least give Greek life a try. You might find that it isn’t for you and that is okay, but for me, it has been the best decision of my life. The friendships I have created over the last four years will truly last a lifetime and I wouldn’t give them up for anything.

Five students stand next to a model lunar lander.
Reagan Stubb, left, with a mockup of Blue Origin’s Blue Moon robotic lunar lander.