What makes Washington State University’s Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture stand out from the crowd for those looking to get a degree?

We ask civil engineering major Hannah Goodspeed for her thoughts on what makes WSU such a special place.

Hannah Goodspeed.

Name: Hannah Goodspeed

Expected Date of Graduation: December 2022

Major: Civil Engineering

High School: Ephrata High School

Activities: Society of Women Engineers, VCEA Student Ambassador, STARS, Water Resources Club

Q: Why would you recommend attending Washington State University? How have you benefitted by attending WSU?

A: Washington State University truly is a world class institute and the connections you build here on campus is just the beginning to the world of connections that are out there.

Q: What has been your favorite program that you’ve been involved with at WSU, and why?

A: My favorite program is the STARS program because without it, I would not be where I am today.

STARS showed me all different avenues to engineering the business side, academia, and industry. When I first decided to major in engineering, I thought I was in over my head, but STARS introduced me to undergraduate research, student clubs, and mentors that have become close friends.

STARS helped me understand what an engineer is and gave me the confidence I needed to pursue my career.