What makes Washington State University’s Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture stand out from the crowd for those looking to get a degree?

We ask architecture major Ruby Kahnberg for her thoughts on what makes WSU such a special place.

Ruby Kahnberg

Name: Ruby Kahnberg

Expected Date of Graduation: May 2024

Major: Architecture

High School: Windsor High School (California)

Activities:

• Women in Construction Management
  • VCEA Student Ambassador
  • The Tangent Social Hour

Scholarships:

• Distinguished Cougar Award

Q: Why did you choose your major?

A: I chose architecture because of the rich benefits of a studio environment that is available in architecture, landscape architecture, and interior design. Getting to spend quality work time with a close community of other students really shapes my college experience. 

Q: What advice do you have for fellow or prospective students?

A: Connections to people in your own discipline as well as others is very beneficial. My close relationships with fellow students as well as professors, and the support I have received personally and academically, have greatly benefitted me.

Q: What have you learned in your major, or experienced in your classes or your activities during your time at WSU, that will help you most in your future?

A: Some of the most impactful experiences I have had occurred during faculty-led trips. I attended programs in Paris and Chicago. Getting to learn while interacting with an entirely new city and atmosphere is completely unlike learning in a lecture hall.