Welcome to the Service Center
🔨 DANA HALL ROOM 15
The FIZ Service Center oversees the day-to-day use of the studio spaces. The services include the following:
- A store providing materials and equipment centered around the activities and equipment of the Frank Innovation Zone. This includes required equipment for some courses within VCEA.
- Membership Enrollment and Renewals for student community members. This includes Release of Claims and Liability Forms for non-academic use.
- Training Resources and Documentation of training for community members.
- Project and equipment support for individuals and groups who are not community members.
- General oversight of the studio spaces, reinforcing overall safety and individual responsibility expectations.
- Maintenance and Repair of equipment.
Payment Method: The FIZ Service Center accepts ONLY Cougar CASH. Please make the necessary deposits to your account.
Course Support – The following is the list of courses and the associated equipment sold:
- ENGR 120 – Robot and other course mateirals
- EE 214 – Board required for course content
- EE 234 – Specialized group of parts to support robot programming and other activities
- EE 262 – Analog Discovery and Parts Kit
Other Materials – Students and Clubs are encouraged to recommend materials and equipment that should be offered for sale at the FIZ Service Center. This list is will continue to grow and change.
- Fasteners (bolts, screws, washers, nuts, etc.) in a range of sizes
- Materials to support wood, metal and desktop fabrication areas
- Tools as needed, to support student ownership and use
- Spare parts for course related equipment
- Electrical components (resistors, transistors, ICs, other)
- To be determined…