Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture Student Success

What is a WSU Registered Student Organization (RSO)?

VCEA Clubs apply for WSU Registered Student Organization (RSO) status at the start of each Fall semester. With RSO status, clubs are able to apply for funding, reserve venues and rooms across campus, and utilize a multitude of marketing platforms to reach students.

  • A Registered Student Organization (RSO) is a student club that has become officially recognized by Washington State University.
  • All WSU RSOs can be found on the platform Presence.
  • As an RSO, your club is provided resources that otherwise wouldn’t be available.

VCEA Suggestions Regarding RSO Status*:

  • Renew your RSO status at the start of each Fall semester.
  • When starting a new club mid-semester, register for status as soon as possible. You can register at any time during the academic year, but RSO Training Dates are limited.
  • The Voiland College of Engineering & Architecture requires all VCEA affiliated clubs to apply for RSO status with WSU.
  • If you’re unsure of your club’s status, please e-mail Student Involvement to confirm any remaining steps to achieve RSO-status.

Steps to Register/Renew RSO Status

1. Sign-in to WSU Student Involvement’s RSO Platform – Presence.
2. Complete Get Added to Presence (Presence Forms Tab)
3. Complete Organization Registration (Presence Forms Tab)
4. Club Officers/Leaders (x2 students) attend an RSO Training (new dates coming early Fall 2022).

RSO Funding Opportunities*

*As an RSO, your club now has access to certain funding opportunities; without status, your club is unable to apply.

RSO Accounts

How to setup an RSO Account:

  • RSO Accounts are setup when a club initially establishes RSO status (see above) and assigned accounts remain the same as subsequent RSO renewals occur.
  • Club Officers (x4) and Advisor (x1) need to sign the club’s Signature Card at the Cougar Card Center [at the start of each Fall semester] to permit expenses. This allows the Cougar Card Center staff to review Check Issuance Form signatures and authorize the reimbursement or payment (see below).

How to reimburse or pay vendors:

  • Complete a Check Issuance Form
    • Forms are available in VCEA Club Hub (Dana 140) or Cougar Card Office (CUB G60)
    • Requires Club Officer signature
    • Requires Advisor Signature
    • Requires receipt (for reimbursement) or Vendor Invoice (to be paid).
    • Submit Check Issuance Forms to the Cougar Card Center (CUB G60)

Marketing & Venue Reservations

Make a Design or Media Request

Banners, Flush Flash, Sandwich Boards

Flyers & Posters

Digital Signage

  • Upload Digital Signage HERE
    • Digital Marketing populates to;
      • Compton Union Building
      • Chinook Student Center
      • Student Recreation Center
      • Stephenson Fitness Center
      • Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center
      • Lighty Student Affairs Suite
      • Dining Centers

Table Displays

  • Submit a Table Request for the following locations;
    • Chinook Student Center
    • Compton Union Building
    • Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center
    • University Recreation


Quick Links to Student Involvements RSO websites:


For questions regarding RSO Status, please e-mail Student Involvement.
Location: Compton Union Building (CUB) Room 331

More questions and assistance, please e-mail the VCEA Club Hub.
Location: Dana Hall Room 140
Phone: (509) 335-5827