Take advantage of college- and donor-supported peer tutoring. Tutors are experienced Voiland College undergraduates who are trained to work with students. Tutoring is available for all engineering, computer science, and construction management disciplines, so you can get specific help in your area of study. All students are welcome and drop-in hours are between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Voiland College tutoring center offers undergraduates:
- Free tutoring geared toward coursework in the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture.
- Assistance in most disciplines.
- A designated quiet space with tutors in Dana 152 (see the schedule below).
- Spaces designated for student study and collaboration in Dana 134 and 136. Computers are available in Dana 136 for student use.
- Free coffee and a microwave in Dana 152.
Please note: tutoring for Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering takes place in Wegner G70.
We encourage students to visit the tutoring center before they even need support. Come in just to study; tutors are available if needed. Please allow enough time to work with a tutor and then take time to work independently to reinforce what you’ve learned.
Tutors are undergraduate students who have experience with the classes you are currently taking. Bring in your textbooks, notes, assignment, scientific calculator, and any other materials that will help the tutor understand the specific work you’re doing.
Please make sure to sign in so we can track participation to thank our donors and let them know how their generosity impacts students in the Voiland College.
Tutoring is provided during the school week. Dana 152, 136, and 134 are available for your use during the open hours for Dana Hall: 7:30 am – 11 pm. Tutoring is not offered during the summer nor on University holidays or weekends.
Current Tutoring Schedule