ABET Civil Engineering (Pullman)
Program Educational Objectives
Objective 1: Our graduates engage in entry-level engineering or related employment or advanced education.
Objective 2: Our graduates demonstrate competence and ongoing development in their technical and professional skills.
Objective 3: Our graduates demonstrate continued growth in effective communication.
Objective 4: Our graduates pursue their careers with integrity, service, and professionalism.
Objective 5: Our graduates continue learning and they grow into positions of responsibility.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Enrollment data is for the Fall semester of the year identified.
Degrees awarded are for the Fiscal year (July 1-June 30) ending in the year identified.