ABET Mechanical Engineering (Pullman)
The Washington State University program in Mechanical Engineering (WSU Pullman with WSU Everett and WSU at Olympic College, Bremerton) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Objective 1: Graduates will meet or exceed the expectations of employers of mechanical engineers.
Objective 2: Qualified graduates will pursue advanced study if they so desire.
Objective 3: Graduates will pursue leadership positions in their profession and/or communities.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Enrollment data is for the Fall semester of the year identified.
Degrees awarded are for the Fiscal year (July 1-June 30) ending in the year identified.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator