ABET Mechanical Engineering (Vancouver)
Program Educational Objectives
The goal of our program is to prepare our graduates for successful professional practice and advanced studies by providing a broad education in mechanical engineering and by offering the opportunity to deepen their technical understanding in a particular concentration area of related technical electives.
Our graduates will:
- Apply technical knowledge and skills as mechanical engineers to provide effective solutions in industrial and governmental organizations.
- Utilize effective communication, team, and project management skills to work productively within their professions and communities.
- Conduct themselves in a responsible, professional and ethical manner.
- Continue their education through completion of training courses, workshops, seminars, and /or graduate studies relevant to their professional development.
Our graduates will have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Enrollment data is for the Fall semester of the year identified.
Degrees awarded are for the Fiscal year (July 1-June 30) ending in the year identified.
Engineering and Computer Science (VECS) 201B
Visit the WSU Vancouver program information page for additional information.