All Voiland College employees, indifferent of position or work location, are required to take the following online safety training courses:
- Back Safety and Injury Prevention
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Emergency and Fire Safety Preparedness
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Office Ergonomics
- Asbestos Hazard Awareness
- University Laboratory Safety – Working Safely
All Voiland College employees, visitors, guests, and students working within laboratories are required to take the following basic lab safety training courses. Other courses may also be necessary for the safety of lab personnel depending on risk. Please consult the lab’s Principle Investigator(s) for direction in obtaining additional training necessary for lab specific hazards.
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Chemical Hazards
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Physical Hazards
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Developing and Using Controls
- Risk Assessment
- PPE – Eye and Face Protection
- PPE – Hand Protection
To access the mandatory training noted in the bullets above, as well as many other training and professional development courses, please refer to the Student and Visitor Safety Training Access (PDF) to guide you through accessing the training courses. Upon completing a training course (a score of 80% and above is required to pass) the trainee will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Frank Innovation Zone Safety Training (FIZ)
Training is required for those that wish to use the Frank Innovation Zone (FIZ) maker spaces, fabrication labs, and equipment. Please visit the FIZ website, or stop by Dana Hall 15, for more information.
Fabrication Labs Safety Training (Fab Labs)
Training is required for those that wish to use equipment available in the Fabrication Labs (Fab Labs). Please visit the Fab Labs website for more information.