Scheduling Voiland College Resources and Calendars
The Voiland College has the ability to view and schedule all of our college’s conference rooms and other resources, such as hoteling offices, through Microsoft Outlook*. You can use Outlook for visibility into what rooms the college has in its inventory, and select the room that is available corresponding to your need.
For general reference, linked are instructions on how to view and schedule Voiland College conference rooms, using the Outlook desktop client and Outlook Web App. (These are living documents that can be updated for usability – suggestions are welcome.)
- Ref: View Voiland College Calendars Using Outlook Web App (PDF)
- Ref: View Voiland College Calendars Using Outlook Desktop Client (PDF)
- Ref: Scheduling Voiland College Calendars using Outlook Web App (PDF)
- Ref: Scheduling Voiland College Calendars using Outlook Desktop Client (PDF)
For reference as you begin using the calendars:
- Each room will continue to be managed by the unit assigned the space – the respective unit receives the request for a reservation and can approve or deny the reservation at will. Paccar is the exception (excluding the 202 Seminar Room and the Town Square, these still need scheduling) – it is not moderated so all reservations are accepted – Paccar rooms should only be reserved in conjunction with researchers in the building.
- Over time the college will continue to improve the features in scheduling conference rooms, to include the number of seats in the room. We will also add in other college resources as appropriate, for example offices for hoteling and School/Department/Unit controlled classrooms (there are a few already added).
- Voiland College resources available for scheduling have been named using a similar naming
convention to make it intuitive to find Voiland College resources. The standard is:College Building Room # Unit Responsible for Scheduling Brief Description. An example would be “Voiland College Dana 142 Dean’s Conf Room”.
* Outlook is the Email client Washington State University provides to all its students and employees. Outlook is currently the tool WSU standardizes on for scheduling resources such as conference rooms.
To schedule General University Classrooms please contact the WSU Scheduling Office at 509-335-9444 or go to the WSU Scheduling Office website.