What makes Washington State University’s Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture stand out from the crowd for those looking to get a degree?

We ask bioengineering major Zakora Moore for her thoughts on what makes WSU such a special place.

Zakora Moore.

Name: Zakora Moore

Expected Date of Graduation: May 2024

Major: Bioengineering

High School: Curtis Senior High School

Activities:

Scholarships:

• Auvil Scholars Fellowship
  • Washington Research Foundation Award
  • WSU LSAMP Research Award
  • SURCA Gray Award
  • Washington Student Achievement Council College Bound Scholarship
  • Washington STate Academic RedShirt (STARS) Program

Q: What have you learned in your major, or experienced in your classes or your activities during your time at WSU, that will help you most in your future?

A: During my time here at WSU, I have learned the value of persistence. I believe that persistence breeds success and putting it into practice will be beneficial for my career and any goals I aim to achieve.

Q: Why would you recommend attending Washington State University? How have you benefitted by attending WSU?

A: I would recommend attending WSU to any prospective student wanting an institution that educates, supports, and propels them on their journey in higher academia. I have been so fortunate to accomplish all that I have thus far, and I could not have done any of it without substantial encouragement from the faculty, staff, and fellow students here at WSU.

Q: What advice do you have for fellow or prospective students? What can you recommend they do to succeed in your major or at WSU?

A: To be successful, you must embrace change. Don’t be afraid of reevaluating your passions and interests to make the necessary changes within your life that will promote your happiness.

Even if it is something as simple as a course or club, or as impactful as their choice of major, students should always prioritize doing what they want to; that’s what makes pursuing a degree meaningful, and any other accomplishments in life worth the cost.