What makes Washington State University’s Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture stand out from the crowd for those looking to get a degree?

We ask computer science major Daniel Gapper for his thoughts on what makes WSU such a special place.

Daniel Gapper

Name: Daniel Gapper

Expected Date of Graduation: May 2025

Major: Computer Science

High School: Lake Washington High School

Activities:

Scholarships:

• Gibson Endowed Scholarship
  • University Achievement Award

Q: What made you decide to attend WSU?

A: The first thing that stood out was the tight knit and welcoming community. Every current student and alumni that I spoke with had nothing but great things to say and it was easy to tell they truly loved their time and experiences here. Since attending WSU, I have watched all that they told me come true and loved every second of it.

Q: How have you benefitted by attending WSU?

A: Attending WSU has given me a place to call home and helped me find myself as a person. I have discovered new personal strengths, weaknesses, and passions that I wouldn’t have discovered had I not attended WSU. With this newfound knowledge I feel better equipped for the world after college and look forward to all that lies ahead in my future.

Q: What advice do you have for fellow or prospective students?

A: My biggest piece of advice would have to be to get involved. Whether it’s introducing yourself to your classmate sitting next to you or joining clubs on campus, the more you put into WSU the more you will get out. I have seen this come true for myself as I have become more involved in clubs and Greek life and had fantastic experiences while doing so.

Q: What has been your favorite class?

A: My favorite class to date has to be ME 116. This class was an introduction to computer aided design and was heavily project based. We had freedom to work on our own creations and share them with our peers. I came into the class with no experience working with CAD and left with an array of skills and experience that I can carry with me from now on.