Program Educational Objectives
Objective 1: Engage successfully in graduate or professional education or entry-level employment.
Objective 2: Perform responsibly and professionally in their chosen career paths
Objective 3: Exhibit continued growth of effective communication and collaboration skills.
Objective 4: Demonstrate ongoing development of competent and innovative problem solving skills.
Objective 5: Continue learning and accept increasing levels of responsibility over time.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.