Program Educational Objectives
Objective 1: Within a few years after their graduation, graduates of our program have professional careers in the computer engineering industry or academia or are engaged in advanced studies.
Objective 2: Within a few years after their graduation, graduates of our program adapt to changes in technology as well as to the needs of society.
Objective 3: Within a few years after their graduation, graduates of our program continue to seek knowledge to thrive in an increasingly globalized society.
Objective 4: Within a few years after their graduation, graduates of our program are successful team members or team leaders.
Objective 5: Within a few years after their graduation, graduates of our program conduct themselves with integrity and incorporate proper ethical considerations in their work.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.