Message from the Dean – May 24, 2024

Dear Colleagues,

With summer nearly upon us, I hope you all take some well-deserved time to relax and recharge over the coming weeks.

It has been another terrific (and busy!) year at Voiland College, and I want to extend my gratitude to each of you for your hard work, dedication, and contributions over the past 12 months. Your efforts have made a significant impact on our students, our college, and the broader WSU community.

Looking ahead to the next school year, I am excited to announce that we will be welcoming more than a dozen new faculty members across all campuses for the 2024-2025 academic year! I have no doubts that these talented minds will undoubtedly enhance Voiland College’s academic and research capabilities in the years to come.

To foster collaboration and prepare for the upcoming year, we will be hosting faculty and staff retreats and events at the beginning of the fall semester. These gatherings will provide valuable opportunities for us to connect, share ideas, and align our goals.

Additionally, I will be presenting strategic planning updates during a VCEA Town Hall meeting in early fall. This will be an excellent opportunity for us to discuss our progress, address any questions, and outline our path forward.

Lastly, I am looking forward to attending one faculty/staff meeting for each unit in the fall semester. This will allow me to engage directly with all of you, collaborate on the challenges we face, and ensure that we are moving together in one step towards achieving our goals.

Look for more information on these activities to come – and please save the date for our annual VCEA Ice Cream Social, 2pm Thursday, August 22!

Thank you once again for all that you do. I wish you a restful and enjoyable summer and look forward to seeing you in the fall.

Go Cougs!

Partha Pande's signature.

Partha Pratim Pande, FIEEE
Interim Dean and Professor
Boeing Centennial Chair in Computer Engineering
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Washington State University
Email: pande@wsu.edu