The Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture (VCEA) is pleased to announce the VCEA Safety Award. This award recognizes faculty, staff or students who routinely demonstrate exemplary use of safe work practices and/or awareness of potentially unsafe situations or conditions; and assists in the prevention and/or correction of these hazardous situations. The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and an honorarium. Some examples of reasons for nominations are:
- Consistently observes safe work practices.
- Shows a timely response to safety hazards in the classroom or laboratory.
- Prevents accidents and injuries by quickly alerting the VCEA Safety Committee, Directors, Managers, and/or EH&S personnel to hazardous situations.
- Goes the “extra mile” to assure the safety of another person.
- Delivered information that assisted to correct a potentially unsafe situation or event.
- Participated in a lifesaving event during the past calendar year.
Lead: Associate Dean of Research (H. Beyenal)
Nomination Guidelines and Eligibility
- The award is open to all faculty, staff, and students in the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture to recognize an individual for extraordinary activities related to safety in the workplace.
- Nominations must be coordinated through schools, departments, or centers, and only one nomination may be submitted per unit.
- Previous award winners are eligible, but preference is given to new awardees.
- The nomination should consist of a brief statement (no more than 1 page in length) that articulates the relevant activities or events and should discuss the impact they have had. The statement should also discuss these activities in relationship to the individual’s assigned duties.
- Up to three letters of support that attest to the impact of the activities are welcome.