New Director of the School of Design and Construction

Dear School of Design and Construction Community & Friends,

I am pleased to announce that Jason Peschel has been appointed as the permanent director of the School of Design and Construction, effective immediately.

Personally, I was thrilled when Jason let me know he accepted this position. Time and time again over the past year, Jason displayed his effective leadership during his service as interim SDC director, and I look forward to continuing our work together on the important matters that will further lead to SDC’s and Voiland College’s success.

As many of you already know, Jason is an associate professor in SDC, where he has dedicated more than 17 years to teaching construction management courses. He has also served as the program head of construction management for the last 10 years and holds the Richard L. Silliman Distinguished Professorship in Estimating.

Prior to joining Washington State University, Jason worked in the construction industry as a chief estimator and vice president, where he successfully completed various projects in northeast Nebraska, including manufacturing, education, religious, banking, and residential projects.

Jason’s commitment to teaching has been recognized with numerous awards, including the Reed Miller Excellence in Teaching Award, the President’s Distinguished Teaching Award, and the School of Design and Construction Outstanding Teaching award, which he has won five times. His dedication to his students, staff, and faculty within SDC is exemplary.

I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who participated in the search process for new school leadership. Three strong finalists were interviewed on campus, and your participation and thoughtful feedback were instrumental in identifying the best candidate. As such, I am confident Jason will continue to build on the School of Design and Construction’s reputation for excellence.

Please join me in congratulating Jason Peschel!

Mary Rezac's signature.

Mary Rezac
Dean, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Washington State University
Email: mary.rezac@wsu.edu
Phone: 509-335-5593